Jim is a defence solicitor with over 27 years‘ experience of criminal litigation; if you work in the food industry, whether you’re a single-shop takeaway or an international manufacturer, Jim can provide advice and representation in relation to:
- Investigations or prosecutions by Environmental Health or Trading Standards Services;
- Improvement Notices, including appeals; and
- Food Hygiene policies and procedures.
Jim has a detailed knowledge of the procedures followed in a prosecution by Environmental Health (including those brought under the Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013, the Food Safety Act 1990 and Food Labelling Regulations 1996) and if you are facing an enforcement action or prosecution he can provide expert advice at every stage. This includes:
- Gathering evidence;
- Attending an interview under caution;
- Providing written statements;
- Representing you at Court;
- Protecting the future of your business following an investigation or prosecution by the regulator.
Relevant case law in relation to food safety